I’ve been nominated for the Creative Blogger Award by FiddleTwix from The Anime Madhouse – thank you so much!
The award rules are as follows:
– Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
– Share 5 facts about yourself.
– Nominate 15-20 other bloggers and add their links.
– Notify the bloggers you nominated.
– Keep the rules in your post to make it easy for everyone to know what to do.
At first I was going to go for something along more obvious lines, but then I realised I’d actually rather not write about anything at all to do anime, Japan, or blogging for change.
1. I quite like the smell of coffee but have never liked the taste.
2. I have a pretty huge collection of earrings. They’re usually the only kind of jewellery I wear, and I often buy them whenever I travel overseas as mementos for myself or presents for other people.
3. I once kissed a seal. I don’t remember much of the encounter other than it being very wet and smelling powerfully of fish. Other animal encounters I’ve had include being head-butted to the ground by a sheep and chased through the woods by a wild pig. Good times.
4. I never once believed Santa was real, but I did believe in the tooth fairy for a while. My family was living pretty close to the city’s ferry terminal at the time, so I thought the tooth fairy was some kind of tiny boat – hence the glass of water on the bench that us kids put our baby teeth into.
5. I really wanted to be a mermaid when I grew up. Needless to say, that particular career choice never panned out.
I’m not going to nominate 15-20 bloggers, ‘cos I’m just a rebel like that, but here are some people I’d love to see post a few random facts about themselves if they feel so inclined:
Vrai from Fashionable Tinfoil accessories
Doctor J H Watson from Speculative OP
Iblessall from Mage in a Barrel
Alex from The Afictionado
Buri-chan from San’in Monogatari
6 thoughts on “Creative Blogger Award”
Congratulations! =) And thanks so much for liking my review of “The Wind Rises!”
Thanks – and you’re welcome. 🙂
Well, that is odd. I left a longer comment addressing your five facts one by one, but did it disappear?
I never saw that – maybe the comment never posted properly?
I will try to reconstruct it, then! Congratulations so much on your nomination–you definitely deserve it! =)
Your animal stories are hilarious! I’m glad you’re all right from all of that! The part about the seal “smelling powerfully of fish” made me laugh, and also think of sushi. I kept trying to work a “Jiro Dreams of Sushi” pun (he even eats it!) into my Wind Rises review.
I can drink coffee black, but it’s not my drink of choice, especially since I effectively stopped drinking much else besides water, fruit juice (as well as whatever on Earth you call Sunny Delight), milk, and ginger ale, though I do still love Starbucks’ Frappuccino beverages.
If I may ask, which of your earrings would you say is your favorite (whether because of family sentiment, a special design, or some other reason) ?
The “tooth ferry” is genius and not something I ever would have thought of.
On the way home from shopping yesterday, I thought to myself, “In this day and age, could Artemis get surgery to become a mermaid if she really wanted to be one?” http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mermaid-baby-surgery-a-success/ This was really cool, though. And I suppose there would probably be doctors with enough skills and ethical … flexibility to effectively do this in reverse. 😛
Hmm, my favourite earrings… that’s a tough one, because I have so many pairs now, and a lot of them have colours and designs that I really love. One pair I’d consider at least among my favourites was a gift from my mum though – they’re made of pounamu greenstone, which is a kind of jade found only in New Zealand.
LikeLiked by 1 person